Friday, March 14, 2008

Rascal Flatts

So Donovan took me to Rascal Flatts last weekend for my birthday. I think that was the best date this year. I also think Donovan was thinking I was just a little wild. I love their music and it was way fun. Towards the end they played their song"He ain't the Leavin kind." At the end of the song they showed video clip of gravesides with flags. Then they turned the lights on and 10-20 military men were standing there. Wow, everyone got up and applauded. I began to think about this girl in our ward who is now pregnant with her third and her husband is gone serving our country. What a sacrifice and I appreciate it soooo much. I am so thankful for my freedoms and safety.

One funny part about the concert was leaving. We got on trax to get back to our car downtown. Everyone that was on trax had just come from the concert. One of the last songs was "Life is a Highway." Everyone was singing that song outloud on the trax train. We were all laughing and had a blast. JT would have loved being on that train with everyone singing his favorite song.

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Thanks for sharing that story. It sounded like a lot of fun

Becky said...

That would have been an awesome concert! I am so glad you got to go! FUN!!!!