Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Know a Few Languages

The other day when I was on the phone with my mom, my wonderful son JT was driving me crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only mom that this happens to, but every time I get on the phone my children either suddenly need me or they want to make loud noises to annoy me. Well, JT comes over and turns this loud toy on right by my other ear. I got annoyed and said "Don't do that." It was then that I realized that all I had been saying all afternoon is "Don't do that", "Stop that," "No," or "Not now." I proceeded to tell my mom that this is the only language I know anymore. My son who was listening pipes in-- "Mom, you know a little bit of Spanish. Tell me if you know what I'm saying. I want some agua." My mom and I were laughing so hard. Even if I was annoyed --he sure makes me laugh at times.

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Absolutely the funniest thing I heard this week. Thanks for writing it down.

Ron and Mary Brunner said...

That's our boy! We can hardly wait to have some of these funny, quirky, JT moments again!