Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun Labor Day Weekend

My sister Jen planned a cool cabin trip to Bear Lake this last weekend. We had so much fun. Who knew a family this size could have so much fun and laugh so hard. Most of us were not familiar with Bear Lake including myself. I've just heard how cold and blue the water is, but that it's a beautiful place. And that it is.



Here is a picture of JT and I in the Minnetonka Cave. Wow, that thing is long, dark, and cold.

Here is a picture of "Jong E Fong Fong" and "Jong Tong" outside the cave. Thanks to Taylor we learned a new language this weekend and got in a good laugh.

And here is a picture of my hubby and my two sweet boys who had a blast. Maybe they didn't get enough sleep and ate way too many treats, and were just a tad awnry by the last day. But I know they had fun with their cousins in the mountains playing at the lake. They got the best of both worlds. And by the way, on the way home I did hear a "Thanks Mom and Dad for taking me to Bear Lake."

8 comments:

Blaine said...

Hey Kath, great pics! And you beat us all to the count to blog about what a fun weekend we had! Can I just say that I have the best family ever! Thanks for a fun time. We for sure need to plan an encore trip next summer.

Love,

Jen (Jong E Nong)

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Great post! I can't believe you beat me to it. I wasn't going to post anything until tomorrow but now that you have I just can't wait. What a wonderful time was had by all. Thanks Jen and Kath for a great weekend!

Melanie said...

Wow! I love it when I am blogstalking and find someone I know! What a fun Labor Day and what a cute family!
Come on over to my blog--we'll hang out!!!

joni said...

Super fun! i love doing that kind of stuff with the kids becasue I think they will remember it more (and it is less stress than big amusement parks). It is also fun to be able to do fun stuff with your extended family.I am officially jealous!

Nanci said...

I love bear lake! We have had so many fun family trips there with such great memories. It looks like your kids had a blast too!

Ron and Mary Brunner said...

You finally posted some more photos! YEA!! Love these cute additions to your blog - what a fun time! The kids look like they had so much fun!!

StephNyd said...

Fun family vacation! Glad you guys got to spend time together.

Becky said...

Ohhh, looks like so much fun. We should try it sometime!